New 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker and Charger R/T Scat Pack Models in Plum Crazy Will Be Shown at the Dodge Display at 13 Mile and Woodward Ave in Royal Oak, Mich.
- Back for a limited-production run, iconic Plum Crazy exterior paint will be made available on 2016 Dodge Challenger and Charger models, including the ultimate-in-performance, 707-horsepower SRT Hellcat models and 485 best-in-class naturally aspirated R/T Scat Pack models
- Originally debuting in 1970, Plum Crazy hue spans several generations of muscle-car collectors and enthusiasts and has been a signature Dodge muscle car color ever since
- Plum Crazy will open in September, one month early for sold orders only on 2016 Dodge Challenger or Charger models with production beginning this November
- Regular dealer orders for Plum Crazy are scheduled to open in October and will only be available for order until the end of the year
- Pulled from the archives: for the first time ever, Dodge brand provides its full production numbers of limited-edition and high-impact hues since Charger and Challenger’s return to market in 2006 and 2008, respectively
- Limited-edition models and limited-production paint colors add collectability, accounting for less than 11 percent of the entire global production of Dodge Charger and Challenger to date
August 11, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Beyond its rich muscle car legacy, which is highlighted today by the Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat models – the most powerful muscle cars ever, Dodge continues to produce some of the most recognizable high-impact and heritage hues that have ever hit the blacktop. And for this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise, Dodge will debut the next limited-edition color from its archive: Plum Crazy.
“Powerful muscle cars painted in impactful colors make Woodward Dream Cruise the perfect setting for Dodge to debut the newest generation Challenger and Charger models in Plum Crazy,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and Chief Executive Officer – Dodge Brand and SRT Brand, FCA – North America. “And with our strongest muscle-car arsenal ever, we knew it was time to reach into our Dodge paint code archive and offer our high-performance R/T Scat Pack and SRT Hellcat models in one of the most iconic exterior colors of all time.”
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles